Spring 2023 Tax Intern
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. But Koch Industries isn’t just Koch. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day. Industry leaders like Georgia-Pacific, Invista and Guardian, manufacture many of the materials that go into your home. We even have companies who create transformative technology and fuel transportation, like Infor, Molex and Flint Hills Resources!
At Koch, we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in. As an intern, co-op or new graduate, there are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard and gain real experience within our companies. Sound exciting? Do you want to be a part of meaningful work? Kickstart your career with us by applying today!
Koch Companies have opportunities available in Atlanta GA, Dallas, TX and Wichita, KS.
What You Will Do In Your Role
As a global company spanning multiple industries, Koch Industries continues to transform the way we do business. In one of our tax roles, you’ll be right in the middle of finding new ways to move the world forward. Choosing the right place to start a successful tax career is challenging. Koch Industries stands apart, providing a combination of diverse roles, abundant resources, personalized development, and a work/life balance that encourages less burnout and greater satisfaction.
Our interns work alongside experienced tax analysts to solve real problems and offer insights that benefit society through improving our products and services. In addition to being a contributor on their team, interns at Koch companies learn about our unique Market-Based Management culture and enjoy a variety of networking events to promote lasting career connections. These are just a few key aspects of our internship program.
The roles at Koch are rapidly transforming due to productivity optimization available through new technologies. While our interns perform day to day responsibilities, data analysis and business technology has become a key part of all of internship roles. The use of technology enables us to shift our traditional roles to become more analytical. You will walk away from your internship with new skills that you can apply throughout your career including professional skepticism, judgement, and critical thinking skills.
As a tax intern on our team, you may have the opportunity to:
- Prepare income tax returns to ensure accurate reporting and compliance with domestic and foreign tax law
- Build relationships and understand the business of assigned entities in order to assess tax opportunities
- Attend trainings to gain basic tax knowledge and become familiar with tax software programs
- Work side by side with staff, managers and directors on the tax planning and reporting of business transactions
- Apply concepts learned in the classroom
- Enhance communication, time management and analytical skills
Koch’s tax internship program has a way for you to explore your passions, discover your comparative advantages, and learn new skills to further your impact and reach your full potential.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Eligible for full-time employment no later than summer 2024
- Enrolled in a degree or certificate program related to Accounting or Tax OR enrolled in a degree or certificate program related to Finance, Business Economics, or Data Analytics with a minor/emphasis in accounting
- Available to work a 40-hour work week Monday-Friday during core business hours in the spring 2023 semester
- Able to work in the US without sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with data analytics platforms, business process technology, and basic coding skills such as PowerBI, Alteryx, Tableau, SQL, and robotic process automation
- Strong Microsoft excel skills
- Strong critical and entrepreneurial thinking skills
- Initiative, natural curiosity, strong communication skills, and an aptitude for fast-paced learning
Want to learn more?
Let’s keep the conversation going! Visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn to learn more information about the Koch Companies.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This role may be open to remote candidates residing in the U.S. except within the state of Colorado.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf