Human Resource Associate
Human Resources Associate
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your knowledge and expertise to not only better your life, but your community as well. If you are someone who wants to work for a company that will value your skills and ideas, then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
At Georgia Pacific, we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in. If you are a new graduate or looking to expand your HR career - there are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard and gain real experience within our companies. Sound exciting? Do you want to be a part of meaningful work? Kick start your career with us by applying today!
What you will do in your role
Our Human Resources Full-time opportunity will have a focus in the Generalist function in a manufacturing setting. We have multiple opportunities available in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama.
Opportunities may be based at the following locations or other US-based locations:
· Prosperity, SC
· Camden, TX
· Pennington, AL
· Rincon, GA (Savannah)
· Pacific Northwest USA
· Provide day-to-day HR support to leaders in functional areas including, but not limited to talent management, compensation, compliance, disciplinary action, and career development
· Serve as a contact for employees; respond to questions regarding HR related topics including but not limited to the Infor myHR system, personnel information, and interpretation of HR policies and procedures
· Coach leaders in proper application of the MBM® compensation philosophy and practices. Stay informed of true, real-time market alternatives for workforce
· Partner with the legal and compliance departments as needed/required to understand legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, managing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance
· Provide research, analysis, and data to assist in effective decision making
· Bachelor’s degree or higher
· Experience/interest/education related to Human Resources
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employee information
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment