This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific (GP) has an exciting opportunity for an entry level IT Associate to support large Pulp-and-Paper factories locating at North American locations. This position will be a key member of the onsite Manufacturing IT team and will also collaborate with other facilities to share knowledge and participate in projects planning and execution.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support a wide range of technologies associated with both business systems and manufacturing automation environments, including:
o End-user Computing
o Physical and Virtual Windows Servers
o Storage Area Networks
o Network Communications infrastructure (wired and wireless)
o Cyber Security Defensive Systems
o Integrated Control Systems
o Industrial Internet of Things (Industry 4.0) devices and cloud services
- Coordinate with multiple corporate technical groups, project managers, facility operational leaders, and operators to implement applications, system upgrades, and architecture changes
- Maintain effective communications with users regarding activities, problems, status, timelines, and other details
- Participate in root cause analysis and help recommend solutions for simple to complex technical issues for both Business systems and Automated Industrial Control Systems.
- Up to 25% travel to other manufacturing sites
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 0-3 years of experience in IT technical support
- Basic knowledge of 3 or more diverse technology stacks(i.e., Windows desktop and server, network technologies (wired or wireless), active directory/group policies/domain controllers, firewalls, patching/anti-virus, Process Control, etc.
- Ability to participate in a rotating on-call support schedule
- Ability to lift 35 pounds, work in various manufacturing mill environments, climbing stairs.
What Will Put You Ahead
- CompTIA A+, Security+, Cisco, or other network certifications
- Cyber Security experience
- Experience with project management
- Experience in manufacturing environments and associated technologies (OT)
- Experience with Industrial Control Systems (PLC, DCS, SCADA, etc.)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.