2022/2023 Tax Co-op
Are you an aspiring sophomore looking to apply the skills learned in school and contribute to a tax team? Maybe you are a rising junior or senior who will be attending graduate school and are looking for part-time tax work experience to kickstart your career? Apply with us today!
We are currently looking to add 3–6 month tax co-op's to our team in Wichita, KS or Atlanta, GA.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Co-ops will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced tax analysts and managers. In addition to being a contributor on the team, you will learn about our unique Market-Based Management culture and enjoy a variety of networking events to promote lasting career connections.
The roles at Koch are rapidly transforming due to the use of technology that enables us to shift our traditional roles to become more analytical. You will walk away from your co-op with new skills that you can apply throughout your career including professional skepticism, judgement, and critical thinking skills.
As a co-op on our team, you may have the opportunity to:
- Prepare income tax returns to ensure accurate reporting and compliance with domestic and foreign tax law
- Build relationships and understand the business of assigned entities in order to assess tax opportunities
- Attend trainings to gain basic tax knowledge and become familiar with tax software programs
- Work side by side with staff, managers and directors on the tax planning and reporting of business transactions
- Enhance communication, time management and analytical skills
Koch’s tax co-op program has a way for you to explore your passions, discover your comparative advantages, and learn new skills to further your impact and reach your full potential.
The role has the potential to convert to an intern based on performance.
Interested in pursuing a career path in industry tax? Look no further than Koch Industries!
The Experience You Will Bring
- Enrolled in a degree or certificate program related to Accounting or Tax OR enrolled in a degree or certificate program related to Finance, Business Economics, or Data Analytics with a minor/emphasis in accounting
- Available to work at least 24-32 hours/week starting in late summer/fall 2022 or spring 2023 in either Wichita, KS or Atlanta, GA
- Able to work in the US without sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with data analytics platforms, business process technology, and basic coding skills such as PowerBI, Alteryx, Tableau, SQL, and robotic process automation
- Strong Microsoft excel skills
- Strong critical and entrepreneurial thinking skills
- Initiative, natural curiosity, strong communication skills, and an aptitude for fast-paced learning
Want to Learn More?
Choosing the right place to start a successful tax career is challenging. Koch Industries stands apart, providing a combination of diverse roles, abundant resources, personalized development, and a work/life balance that encourages less burnout and greater satisfaction.
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. But Koch Industries isn’t just Koch. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day. Industry leaders like Georgia-Pacific, INVISTA and Guardian, manufacture many of the materials that go into your home. We even have companies who create transformative technology and fuel transportation, like Infor, Molex and Flint Hills Resources!
Let’s keep the conversation going! Visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn to learn more information about the Koch Companies.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This role may be open to remote candidates residing in the U.S. except within the state of Colorado.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf