Mechanical Technician Co-op/Intern - Part time year round position!
At Georgia-Pacific, we value and recognize employees who are safety-minded, innovative, and who challenge the status quo. If you are a self-motivated individual pursuing a mechanical career, then we may have just the opportunity for you!
Our Georgia-Pacific Green Bay Broadway facility is searching for a student interested in gaining experience as a Maintenance Mechanic/Millwright co-op or intern. The schedule can be flexible, however targeting 20 hours/wk with primary work hours occurring Monday-Friday from 7:00 – 3:00. You will gain an understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and precision maintenance of manufacturing equipment and processes. Learn from highly skilled and talented technicians and engineers while gaining insight into a career in a challenging and rewarding industrial setting. This role pays $23 an hour.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Performing precision maintenance work on industrial manufacturing processes: Rigging, Alignment, Motors, Gearboxes, Pumps, Condition Monitoring and more.
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures and actively participating in the safety program
- Supporting the Green Bay Broadway facility’s maintenance efforts and striving to further the reliability vision of creating an environment where equipment operates as designed, runs predictably, and never fails
- Communicating with all levels of the organization via reports, email, verbally, and/or in small/large group settings, within a team environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Enrolled in an applicable program to earn a degree.
- Ability to work safe.Capable of identifying hazards and adhering to safety requirements.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Passion to learn
- Experience and understanding of precision maintenance practices
- Experience with laser alignment equipment
- Rigging certification or experience
If you have immediate questions about the role, please reach out to Kelly Winters at 920-370-9215 or [email protected]
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf