Georgia-Pacific is seeking an individual who enjoys the details and is interested in learning a complex manufacturing process. The Plywood Production Planner at our corporate headquarters in Atlanta, GA. creates value by optimizing mill level production, minimizes costs across our plywood footprint while maintaining world class customer service. If you are interested in a challenging opportunity to make an impact, and work well in a fast-paced team environment; we are interested in learning more about you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
· Working in Structural Panels Plywood Group as a Production Planner you will influence activities across Production, Sales, and Logistics areas resulting in having the right material at the right time and delivered at the lowest possible cost.
· Candidate will ultimately earn the e opportunity to impact the Plywood business from product development to customer invoicing and all functions in between.
· Daily contact, via phone and email, with Mill Operations, Mill Shipping, and Divisional Management required
· Make order out of information and appropriately filter communications between various parties
· Take charge of resolving deficiencies associated with on-time delivery
· Regular review of order files, production statistics, inventory levels, and historical data to provide projected balances and identify potential gaps before they occur
· Liaison who regularly facilitates discussions between Sales and the Mills with regard to order issues, prioritization, inventory availability, and transportation status
· Regular contact with Mill and Divisional Management to provide status updates and/or review improvement opportunities.
· With increased specialized knowledge and mastery of tactical objectives one could expect to be independently involved in developing new management tools, build models, perform cost benefit analysis, and drive strategic value enhancement initiatives.
The Experience You Will Bring
· Experience with Advanced Excel Capabilities
· Bachelor’s Degree
What Will Put You Ahead
· Industrial engineering, Business, Finance, Statistics degree
· Experience solving problems and/or identifying and managing changes to drive long term value
· Experience converting data sets into usable/actionable data
· Experience implementing substantial and sustained process improvement
· Experience working with internal and/or external customers
· Experience manipulating large amounts of data into presentations and/or communication
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf