Koch Accounting & Tax Apprenticeship Program
Get on the fast track to a fulfilling career through the real-world experience you’ll gain in the Koch Apprenticeship Program.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The Koch Apprenticeship Program seeks to identify high-potential individuals and provide them with an accelerated path to develop and apply their unique abilities, establishing the foundation for a fulfilling career. Our goal is to remove barriers associated with a four-year college degree and provide hands-on, applied learning experiences. The pilot program will focus on preparing individuals for a successful career in accounting and tax. It will take place in Wichita, Kansas in partnership with WSU Tech and Wichita State University.
WSU Tech and Koch talent professionals will guide apprentices through an 18-month program. Phase One of the program will focus on foundational business and accounting learning delivered in the classroom and online by WSU Tech. Students will also receive instruction from Koch’s Talent Development capability, Koch U, that will connect students to Koch’s management philosophy, Market-Based Management®. Upon successful completion of Phase One, apprentices will begin Phase Two as paid Koch employees where they will receive on the job training, strengthening and applying their understanding of key accounting concepts while also completing remaining WSU and Koch U coursework. Following successful completion of Phase Two, apprentices will receive a state-credentialed Technical Accounting Certificate and consideration for full-time employment as an Accountant or Tax Analyst at Koch.
As an apprentice, you will work alongside experienced accountants and analysts to solve real problems and offer financial insights that make a difference in the world. In addition to being a contributor on the accounting or tax team, apprentices at Koch companies explore our unique Market-Based Management® culture, learn key business concepts and Koch mental models, and engage with leaders to learn more about business transformation, our work in society and more.
Our roles are rapidly transforming. While accountants and tax professionals perform day-to-day financial responsibilities, data analysis and business technology has become a key part of all roles. The use of technology enables us to shift our traditional roles to become less transactional, more analytical, and serve as a valued business partner for our operating businesses.
Our entry level accounting and tax positions provide meaningful work and the ability to contribute immediately. We start by working with each new employee to help them build a solid foundation of the core principles of our company, the culture, and our accounting and tax processes. The typical apprentice entry points into one of our Koch companies could involve:
- Financial reporting and analysis to learn about internal and external reporting, our businesses, competitive position, market analysis, variance analysis, working capital optimization, and technical accounting research, just to name a few.
- Accounting, including tax accounting & processes, to learn the foundational aspects of accounting by working with our transactional accounting systems, cash management and forecasting processes, tax compliance, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Mid and back-office accounting functions that supports physical and financial trading operations and business optimization strategies.
- Tax strategy and planning support providing the opportunity to learn more about federal, state, and international taxation by providing support and analysis to, and collaborating with, our tax accountants and attorneys.
Come explore your passions, discover your abilities and learn new skills to further your impact and reach your greatest potential. Apply now!
The Experience You Will Bring
- Able to work in the US without sponsorship
- Starting in January 2022, available to meet the demands of a full-time student enrolled in the WSU Tech accounting certificate program
- Availability to work 20-25 hours with Koch Industries beginning January 2023 with intent to pursue full-time employment Fall 2023, dependent on successful completion of Phase 1 coursework and Phase 2 apprenticeship/coursework.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Initiative, natural curiosity, strong communication skills, and an aptitude for fast-paced learning
- A passion to drive action, solve problems, and capture value
- Strong critical thinking and entrepreneurial skills
More on Koch
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. With 122,000 employees and locations in nearly every U.S. state and 70 countries, Koch companies offer abundant opportunities to improve life’s most necessary things – like food, clothing, water, transportation and technology. At Koch, we are entrepreneurs, owning decisions and making contributions that count. As an apprentice, you will have countless opportunities to be challenged, have your voice heard and gain real experience.
As a global company spanning multiple industries, Koch Industries continues to transform the way we do business. In an accounting or tax role at Koch, you’ll be right in the middle of finding new ways to move the world forward. Because opportunities here are based on your unique capabilities, your development, wellbeing and fulfillment are your supervisor's main priority as you find new and exciting ways to contribute.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf