Genesis Robotics Systems Engineering Co-Op Spring 2022
Genesis has a unique new opportunity for a Systems Engineering Co-op Student looking to contribute to a truly unique business environment. You will help us build a world-class Systems Engineering operation. The ideal candidate will have a creative approach to problem solving and can help guide us as we commercialize our inventive core actuation (electric motors, gears, combined actuators) technologies.
You will be pivotal in developing best practices as we scale our Systems Engineering capability and capacity. Reporting to the team lead, you will collaborate with high-caliber engineering professionals as well as a talented array of technologists from multiple disciplines.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN YOUR ROLE
- Assist the Systems Engineer and others in the gathering and analysis of Customer Application information in the form of Specifications, Product Documentation and Application Videos.
- Seek out and find ways to fill the gaps in Customer Application information necessary to define Engineering Requirements in quantified and actionable terms.
- Analyze and quantify Customer Application videos to extract Cycle Time, Motion Paths, Velocity and Acceleration information to be used by the Design and Test teams.
- Assist with and/or run test trials and/or demonstrations on Delta and/or other robots for the purposes of Performance and Target Market mapping.Acquire, record and organize the associated test data.
- Assist the Systems Engineer and others in addressing Systems-Engineering-related issues and/or requirements as needed in on-going Product Development programs.
- Assist with and/or implement mathematical models supporting the transformation of Product Requirements and Customer Application information into usable Engineering Requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree (or in progress 3rd or 4th year) in systems, mechatronics, or mechanical engineering.Focusing on and interested in robotics, motors and electro-mechanical systems.
- 3-18 months Engineering Co-Op/Intern experience in Industry, preferably in Robotics, Automotive, Appliance, Consumer Electronics or other electro-mechanical product development and manufacturing company.
- Systems-level and end-customer-oriented -- with systematic and thorough attention to detail.
- Expertise with Excel, Visio, Powerpoint, Word, etc. in creating and communicating technical information and presentations.
- An interest in and understanding of kinematics, machines and moving systems and how they interact with people and products to best serve their purpose.
- Transportation to and ability to work on-site full-time at the Langley, BC facilities.
- 1-2 years of Full-Time Mechatronic Product Development Industry Experience.
- Experience developing motor, gearbox, and/or actuator products.
- Expertise in simulation and modeling (Excel, Python and/or other CAE software).
- Expertise in Statistics and Probability Distributions and their use in Monte Carlo Simulations and/or Statistical Tolerance Stacks.
- Specific experience in using, programming, modeling and/or building Delta Robots.
EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING:
What Will Put You Ahead:
WHO IS GENESIS ROBOTICS?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 100+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
Genesis received a strategic, majority stake investment from Koch Industries in April 2018. As a part of the Koch family, we are now able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/
Our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg
And on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/17962496/