Instrumentation Engineer Tech Co-op
Who are we?
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. But Koch Industries isn’t just Koch. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day. Industry leaders like Georgia-Pacific, INVISTA and Guardian, manufacture many of the materials that go into your home. We even have companies who create transformative technology and fuel transportation, like Infor, Molex and Flint Hills Resources!
At Koch, we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in. As an intern, co-op or new graduate, there are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard and gain real experience within our companies. Sound exciting? Do you want to be a part of meaningful work? Kickstart your career with us by applying today!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth as a result of reinvesting 90% of our earnings
Based in Brandon, Manitoba, we synthesize and blend nitrogen, phosphate, and sulfur products with ammonia, which we market primarily in the prairie provinces of Canada and the northern United States. Operating 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, we employ approximately 270 dedicated team members. Our fundamental commitment to safety, health, and environmental stewardship drives all our processes.
INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY CO-OP STUDENT
We are looking for an energetic, highly organized individual to join the Maintenance team for a four-month term. This role offers learning opportunities and a challenging environment in a growing business!
You will work with our Red Seal Instrumentation team to install, calibrate, and maintain instrumentation equipment within the facility. All required PPE will be provided by the company.
The successful candidate must have a passion for the industry and will report to the Maintenance Supervisor, I&E.
The qualifications you have include:
- Currently registered as a student in an accredited post-secondary Instrumentation Engineering Technology program
- Valid Class five (5) driver’s license
- Ability to work proficiently in a variety of tasks
- Self-driven, independent thinker with initiative
- Open to future growth and development opportunities within Koch Fertilizer
The work environment you’ll be entering requires and includes:
- Ability to work in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Availability for shift work and emergency call out
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and work at heights
- Occasional exposure to fumes/airborne particles
- Ability to wear a gas mask-type respirator and PPE
- Tolerance to occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles and toxic/caustic chemicals with appropriate PPE
- Unassisted physical mobility in and around plant and equipment
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel as necessary
- Ability to travel to and enter site to access equipment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com