Accounting/Analyst/Tax Internship Program Summer 2022
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day. Industry leaders like Georgia-Pacific, INVISTA and Guardian, manufacture many of the materials that go into your home. We even have companies who create transformative technology and fuel transportation, like Infor, Molex and Flint Hills Resources!
At Koch, we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in. As an intern, co-op or new graduate, there are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard and gain real experience within our companies. Sound exciting? Do you want to be a part of meaningful work? Kickstart your career with us by applying today!
The majority of opportunities across Koch Companies are in Wichita KS & Atlanta GA.
What You Will Do In Your Role
As a global company spanning multiple industries, Koch Industries continues to transform the way we do business. In one of our many business roles, you’ll be right in the middle of finding new ways to move the world forward. Choosing the right place to start a successful accounting, analyst, or tax career is challenging. Koch Industries stands apart, providing a combination of diverse roles, abundant resources, personalized development, and a work/life balance that encourages less burnout and greater satisfaction.
Our interns work alongside experienced accountants and analysts to solve real problems and offer insights that benefit society through improving our products and services. In addition to being a contributor on their team, interns at Koch Companies explore our unique Market-Based Management culture, partner with interns from other disciplines on case studies, learn key business concepts and Koch mental models, and engage with leaders to learn more about business transformation, our work in society, and more. These are just a few key aspects of our internship program.
The roles at Koch are rapidly transforming due to productivity optimization available through new technologies. While our interns perform day to day responsibilities, data analysis and business technology has become a key part of all of internship roles. The use of technology enables us to shift our traditional roles to become more analytical. You will walk away from your internship with new skills that you can apply throughout your career including professional skepticism, judgement, and critical thinking skills.
Successful candidates may be placed in one of the following (but not limited to) areas of concentration:
- Gain exposure to transactional systems and analytical reporting tools while supporting business operations and decision making
Tax Accounting & Compliance
- Collaborate with the Koch tax team to provide federal, state, and international tax support for income tax returns and tax planning and reporting to a diverse group of Koch Companies
Credit & Contracts
- Manage counter party relationships with regards to credit analysis, credit reviews, and credit terms using the risk and reward framework or have the opportunity to confirm contractual details and negotiate contractual terms
- Utilize data, business relationships, and analytical thinking to identify, quantify, and communicate market risks to improve commercial, trading, & corporate decision making and ensure risks taken align with the granted authorities
- Develop points of view for product including supply & demand, global trade flow, and margin forecasting and communicate trends that are fundamental drivers of the market conditions
- Assist in managing Koch’s daily cash activity and short-term investments, as well as support the management of trading & investment portfolios
- Gain insight into the marketing, analysis & planning, sales, logistics, and scheduling career paths through involvement in daily activities
- Support the day to day trading operations including positions, profit/loss reporting, cost management, daily exposures, and exchange tie-outs
Koch’s accounting, analyst, and tax programs have a way for you to explore your passions, discover your comparative advantages, and learn new skills to further your impact and reach your full potential.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Eligible for full-time employment no later than summer or winter 2023
- Enrolled in a degree, certificate program, or workforce training program related to Accounting, Tax, Finance, Economics, Risk Management, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Quantitative Finance, or related business degree
- Able to work in the US without sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with data analytics platforms, business process technology, and basic coding skills such as PowerBI, Alteryx, Tableau, SQL, and robotic process automation
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong critical and entrepreneurial thinking skills
- Initiative, natural curiosity, strong communication skills, and an aptitude for fast-paced learning
Want to Learn More
Let’s keep the conversation going! Visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn to learn more information about the Koch Companies.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This role may be open to remote candidates residing in the U.S. except within the state of Colorado.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf