Maintenance Technician Co-op
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. But Koch Industries isn’t just Koch. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day. Industry leaders like Georgia-Pacific, Invista and Guardian, manufacture many of the materials that go into your home. We even have companies who create transformative technology and fuel transportation, like Infor, Molex and Flint Hills Resources! At Koch, we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in. As an intern, co-op or new graduate, there are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard and gain real experience within our companies. Sound exciting? Do you want to be a part of meaningful work? Kickstart your career with us by applying today!
What You Will Do In Your Role
Maintenance Technicians at INVISTA create value by safely maintaining the manufacturing equipment to meet production goals of the Camden Site. They are expected to show initiative to expand their knowledge of the different types of control systems in the various manufacturing areas. We are seeking individuals that exhibit Principled Entrepreneurship through initiative, economic thinking, teamwork, innovation and being life long learners; continually transforming and improving their knowledge and skills to increase the level of value they create. Employees that show these traits and the desire to take on additional responsibilities will have the opportunity to build a career at INVISTA.
The Maintenance Technician potentially provides operation support plant-wide and performs troubleshooting and general maintenance on the industrial manufacturing equipment which could include, but not limited to: AC/DC motor controls, process loop instruments, PLCs, MCCs and switch gears. While the focus of work by these technicians will be electrical but our vision for our maintenance crafts includes development of multi-craft skills so some select General Mechanic skills will be needed or need to be attained.
Location: Camden, SC
Our current maintenance work schedule is as follows but schedule will be determined for the Co-op at time of hire based on their availability:
1. 8-hour days Mon. - Fri. o Schedule is subject to modification as production needs dictate OR
2. 12-hour shifts. (36 hours one week, 48 hours the following week) Average full-time work schedule of 14 days per month (includes a 7 day break every month) o Rotating shift schedule requires employee to work at least 50% of weekends and some holidays o Schedule is subject to modification as production needs dictate
A Day in the Life Typically Includes:
• Perform corrective and preventive maintenance on all plant mechanical equipment including but not limited to: Pumps, Gearboxes, Cylinders, Compressor, Chillers, Winders, Conveyor Systems, Extruders, etc.
• Working hand in hand with our operations team to perform maintenance on plant electrical equipment to include troubleshooting and repairs to 15KV, 480 Switchgear, Transformers, Breakers, Motor Control Centers, AC/DC Motors Drives, Control Systems – low, medium, high voltage systems. • Install, calibrate and maintain process loops 4-20ma and 0-10 VDC instruments
• Use PLC and DCS software tools for troubleshooting
• Follow and utilize Reliability tools (example: procedures, equipment data sheets, manuals, predictive and preventative maintenance best practices, etc.)
• Utilize SAP system to provide accurate and detailed feedback to work order system.
• Perform line breaks
• Rigging and Crane Signaling
• Ability to work in a fast-paced industrial environment while demonstrating high level of troubleshooting skills
The Experience You Will Bring
o A minimum completion of one year of the Mechatronics Technology
o Continued enrollment in Mechatronics program
What Will Put You Ahead
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment
• OSHA Safety training or certifications
• Experience with electrical or instrumentation systems in a manufacturing environment
• Instrument calibration experience
• SAP Experience & working knowledge
• Familiarity with Microsoft- Word, Excel, PPT
Want to learn more? Let’s keep the conversation going! Visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn to learn more information about the Koch Companies. Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience. Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com