Engineering Co-Op Fall 2021
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. But Koch Industries is more than you’ve imagined. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day. Koch companies manufacture materials that go into your home and create transformative technologies for the future, including Genesis Robotics and Motion Technologies.
Genesis Robotics and Motion Technologies (a Koch Engineered Solutions company) is a group of out-of-the-box thinkers solving challenges in the robotics industry and beyond. We invent actuator and mechanical technologies that will enhance the motion capabilities of robots and machines. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. The best part? We are just getting started.
At Koch, we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in. As an intern, co-op or new graduate, there are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard and gain real experience within our companies. Sound exciting? Do you want to be a part of meaningful work? Kickstart your career with us by applying today!
What You Will Do In Your Role
As part of a global company spanning multiple industries and offering limitless opportunities for growth, we offer an opportunity to launch your engineering career with us will focus on the future. Interns at Genesis Robotics and Motion Technologies learn about our unique Market-Based Management culture. All while working beside experienced engineers to solve real problems and offer insights that benefit society through improving our products and services.
Some examples of projects our engineering intern/co-ops worked on in 2020 include:
- Our Advanced Manufacturing co-ops collaborate with team members to develop manufacturing processes for new products by studying requirements, researching, designing, modifying, and testing methods and equipment
- Our Design Co-Op students work with our Innovation team and machine shop teams to innovate and refine designs for bleeding edge, industry disruptive motors and gears. They get lots of interaction in the design phase to ensure proof of concept prototypes are feasible and can be manufactured successfully
- Our Test Co-Op students interact regularly with other members of the engineering team across various functions to understand testing objectives and convert these objectives into a structured test plan
- Our Project Co-Op students facilitate planning and coordinate activities for corporate projects. Compile and analyze project data for status updates and project progress reports
- Our Quality Co-Op students collaborate with other engineering teams to test plan, design and execute testing procedures for supplier or production quality, then evaluate and interpret data, making recommendations based on test results
The Experience You Will Bring
To be enrolled in an Engineering degree program with an anticipated graduation date on or before December 2023
Want to learn more?
Let’s keep the conversation going! Visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn to learn more information about the Koch Companies.