Operational Excellence Intern
Phillips-Medisize, a Molex Company, is seeking an Operational Excellence Co-Op to support our Manufacturing operations in New Richmond, WI. The position offers the opportunity to learn many aspects of a contract medical device manufacturing organization. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
This internship position is part-time through the fall.Housing allowance for non-local interns may be available.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead and Execute Process Improvements: Lead and support the timely execution of process improvements aligned to the site operating plan, key objectives and SQDC (safety, quality, delivery and cost) operating system
- Lead and/or support the timely execution of CIP projects
- Lead and/or support quick kaizens and rapid improvement events to resolve issues identified through the SQDC operating system
- Ensure Process Improvements are Standardized: Work with the cross-functional leadership team and employees, utilizing the MBM Principles to ensure process improvements are standardized and embedded in the culture
- Support/develop standard work instructions
- Develop/implement visual management
- Effective Planning and Execution: Execute Improvements utilizing effective organizational and planning skills to ensure improvements are completed on-time, on-budget, and at the expected quality level. Examples include:
- Utilize project charters, action plans and/or A3’s
- Work effectively with all employees to ensure tasks and actions are completed on-time
- Identify Process Improvement Opportunities: through direct observation and by working with employees at Gemba, identify operational wastes and leaks that lead to quick kaizens, rapid improvement events, and process improvement projects
- Gemba walks and process observations
- Data analysis to identify variances to standard
- Data analysis to identify materials PPV opportunities
The Experience You Will Bring
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial or related engineering field
- Graduation date on or before May 2024
What Will Put You Ahead
- Customer focused; demonstrate initiative; ability to identify problems and develop solutions
- Self-managing and can administer programs with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Clear and concise verbal communication and written documentation skills; teamwork is essential; organizational skills
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruite
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com