Mechanical Engineer Intern
As an engineering intern at Molex you will have the opportunity to use your education to tackle real world engineering challenges.You will support the mechanical engineering backplane department with activities such as building and testing prototypes for server applications as guided by a mentoring Engineer.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Create and modify component and product assembly drawings utilizing 2D and 3D CAD software.Develop corresponding packaging drawings.
- Create and modify 3D models.Update engineering documentation database with part numbers and drawing links.Initiate “Engineering Change Notifications.”
- Work with design and project engineers to ensure that details are accurate and that all the needed information is communicated to manufacturing. Perform product and packaging verification testing
- Assist in collecting information for Environmental Health and Safety reports. Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- The ideal individual for this position easily learns new concepts and software, demonstrates drive and works well independently, is detail oriented, and has strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain a safe work environment and good housekeeping practices.
- Actively support Lean/Six Sigma initiatives and programs.
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Quality and Environmental systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineer
- Graduating in May 2022 or 2023
- Full time summer intern into part time fall co-op
What Will Put You Ahead
- CAD experience required.
- Good organizational and communication (written and oral) skills
- Effective inter-personal skills
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf