Summer 2021 Molex Finance Intern
This job posting is no longer active.
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. But Koch Industries isn’t just Koch. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day. Industry leaders like Georgia-Pacific, Invista and Guardian, manufacture many of the materials that go into your home. We even have companies who create transformative technology and fuel transportation, like Infor, Molex and Flint Hills Resources!
At Koch, we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in. There are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard and gain real experience within our company.
We are currently looking to add a finance summer intern to our team in Lisle, IL!
What You Will Do In Your Role
Molex brings together innovation and technology to deliver electronic solutions to customers worldwide. With a presence in more than 40 countries, Molex offers a full suite of solutions and services for many markets, including data communications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle and medical.
The finance intern opportunity with Molex will primarily be responsible for analyzing and reporting on Molex’s financial results, providing divisions with system and analytic support, and partnering with global shared functions to understand and analyze spend. You will play a critical role in providing senior management an assessment of historical and forward-looking financial performance, including analysis of variances and trends, risks and opportunities, and communication of business insights.
A day in the life may include:
- Prepare monthly management reports, variance and trend analyses and financial review documents. Support need for ad-hoc reporting and presentations, including business reviews and management presentations
- Assist in the monthly close process including SG&A analysis, capital consumed, bonus accrual adjustment and corporate chargeback analysis
- Develop financial analyses, business scenarios and other modeling to support strategic decision making and initiatives
- Provide concise and insightful commentary on our financial and operational results. Communicate effectively within a global organization to understand and explain results, highlighting opportunities and risks to management
- Collaborate with members of global shared functions (IT, HR, Finance) to drive accountability and ownership by providing financial support and analytics
- Prepare forward looking financial forecasts and partner with business leaders to support decision making
- Identify areas that can be improved and propose new solutions to increase value and business performance
As a global company spanning multiple industries, Koch Industries continues to transform the way we do business. You’ll be right in the middle of finding new ways to move the world forward. You will also have the opportunity to work alongside experienced analysts to solve real problems and offer insights that benefit society through improving our products and services. In addition to being a contributor on the finance team, you will be part of a larger intern class at Koch Companies and be immersed in learning about our unique Market-Based Management culture and included in many aspects of our internship program.
Koch’s internship program has a way for you to explore your passions, discover your comparative advantages, and learn new skills to further your impact and reach your full potential.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Eligible for full-time employment no later than summer 2022
- Enrolled in a degree or certificate program related to Accounting, Finance, or Business Economics
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Able to work in the US without sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with data analytics platforms, business process technology, and basic coding skills such as PowerBI, Alteryx, Tableau, SQL, and robotic process automation
- Strong critical and entrepreneurial thinking skills
- Initiative, natural curiosity, strong communication skills, and an aptitude for fast-paced learning
Want to learn more?
Let’s keep the conversation going! Visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn to learn more information about the Koch Companies.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.