Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Complete an unprecedented skill-building opportunity which prepares its participants for a career in safety and health at GP.
- Receive hands-on training and practical application of safety and health practices at GP, along with exposure to business and manufacturing processes.
- Launch their career with an orientation to our company, to safety and health, and to the GP Safety Center of Excellence.
- In addition, be assigned to a manufacturing location for 6-12 months, where individual will continue to engage with the Safety Center of Excellence team on scheduled off-site safety and health audits, IH surveys, Process Safety applications, training programs, seasonal outages, meetings, and other opportunities in different businesses and geographical areas.
- May be offered an opportunity to gain exposure to subject matter experts as well as key leaders in our manufacturing facilities located across the country.
- Understand, develop, apply, and coach employees on our culture of Market Based Management®.
- Upon successful completion of the ELP Program, participants may move into a full-time position and continue their career as a safety and health professional
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or Engineering OR pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety & Health or Engineering expecting to graduate August 2021 at the latest
- Previous intern, co-op or work experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment in either occupational or process safety
- Ability to relocate per program requirements
What Will Put You Ahead
- Completion of a degree with Process Safety concentration [certificate or specialty].
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf