Skilled Trade/Craft Intern/Co-op
At Koch Industries our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. But Koch Industries isn’t just Koch. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day. Industry leaders like Georgia-Pacific, Invista, and Guardian, manufacture many of the materials that go into your home. We even have companies who create transformative technology and fuel transportation like Infor, Molex, and Flint Hills Resources!
At Koch we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in. As an Intern with Koch there are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard and gain real experience within our companies. Sound exciting? Do you want to be a part of meaningful work? Kickstart your career with us by applying today!
What You Will Do In Your Role
As a Skilled Trade Intern or Co-Op you will work with our maintenance team on projects to improve efficiency and up time while learning new skills that will prepare you for future roles. Previous interns and co-op students have worked on various projects within one of our facilities including:
- Installing, calibrating, and maintaining Rotating equipment from small water pumps to high-speed multi-component compressor trains and Fixed equipment such as pressure vessels, heat exchangers, storage tanks, boilers, furnaces and heaters
- Testing, installing, maintaining, and repairing: Electrical wiring and components Instrumentation equipment such as Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) & Human Machine Interface (HMI) systems.
You’ll be working in a challenging manufacturing environment. The work is sometimes outdoors, sometimes at heights, and working around equipment that produces fumes and particles. So you’ll need to be comfortable wearing personal protective equipment (don’t worry, we will provide it) and constantly moving throughout the plant including going up and down ladders & stairs. You’ll also work off-shifts including on-call and weekends.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Currently registered as a student in an accredited post-secondary program in an industrial maintenance, electrical, or instrumentation technology program.
- Willing to work in an industrial environment which includes:
- Availability for shift work and emergency call out
- Working both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather
- Physical demands such as:
- Climbing stairs, ladders, and working at heights
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel as necessary Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to wear a gas mask-type respirator and PPE
- Occasional exposure to workplace hazards such as fumes or airborne particles and toxic/caustic chemicals with appropriate PPE
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing or heavy industrial environment
- Experience maintaining or repairing fixed or rotating equipment
- Experience testing, installing, or repairing Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) & Human Machine Interface (HMI) systems.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf