Operations Research Internship - Summer 2023
This job posting is no longer active.
Who are we?
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. But Koch Industries isn’t just Koch. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day. Industry leaders like Georgia-Pacific, Invista, and Guardian manufacture many of the materials that go into your home. We even have companies who create transformative technology and fuel transportation, like Infor, Molex and Flint Hills Resources!
Koch has been consistently selected as one of the top 100 Internship Programs in the U.S by WayUp. The internship opportunity will be a 12-week program running from late-May to early August 2023.
At Koch, we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in. As an intern, co-op or new graduate, there are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard and gain real experience within our companies. Sound exciting? Do you want to be a part of meaningful work? Kick start your career with us by applying today!
What You Will Do In Your Role
Koch Industries is undergoing rapid digital transformation and multi-million-dollar projects that are calling your name. With Koch Industries, you will be joining a team that is keeping us at the forefront of technology. Koch Global Services is seeking an Operations Research Intern to join their Advanced Analytics team and will be based out of Atlanta, GA or Wichita, KS
A Day in the Life Could Include:
- Work with product managers and clients to better understand the business problem
- Think through a business problem and come up with a set of hypotheses
- Work with data engineers and/or data analysts to procure data and test it for problems
- Collaborate with other scientists and analysts
- Propose modeling approaches
- Mine the data to check completeness, value distributions, etc
- Test models for quality and scalability
- Collaborate with product managers to find the best way to present the results
- Work with developers on productionizing models
The Experience You Will Bring
· Currently enrolled in a degree program related to one of the following areas: Data Science, Data Engineering, Data Mining, Mathematics, Operations Research, or Industrial Engineering
· Experience developing in Python
· Understanding of stochastic processes and uncertainty modeling, experience formulating and solving Mixed Integer linear, non-Linear, quadratic Programming models.
· Eligible for full-time employment by August 2024
·Able to work in the US without sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
· Currently enrolled in a master’s or PhD in Data Science, Data Mining, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or Mathematics
· Experience in scheduling and routing optimization problems
·Experience with statistics and data mining techniques and methodologies (data prep/modeling, classification, regression, clustering, causal modeling)
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Koch-company full time interns/co-ops are eligible for a comprehensive medical plan that comes with prescription drug coverage and expert resources including second opinions and surgery support as well as weight and diabetes management. We focus on making healthcare resources available through advanced apps, from the comfort of home. With enrollment in the medical plan you have access to a tax-free savings opportunity for healthcare expenses (Heath Savings Account).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.