2023 Tax Co-Op
Are you an aspiring sophomore looking to apply the skills learned in school and contribute to a tax team? Maybe you are a rising junior or senior who will be attending graduate school and are looking for part-time tax work experience to kickstart your career? Apply with us today!
We are currently looking to add tax co-ops to our team in Atlanta, GA, Dallas, TX, and Wichita, KS.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Co-ops will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced tax analysts and managers for a period of 15-18 weeks. In addition to being a contributor on the team, you will learn about our unique Principle Based Management culture and enjoy a variety of networking events to promote lasting career connections.
The roles at Koch are rapidly transforming due to the use of technology that enables us to shift our traditional roles to become more analytical. You will walk away from your co-op with new skills that you can apply throughout your career including professional skepticism, judgement, and critical thinking skills.
As a co-op on our team, you may have the opportunity to:
- Work side by side with Koch tax professionals on the planning and tax reporting of business transactions
- Build relationships and understand the business of assigned entities in order to assess tax opportunities
- Prepare income tax returns to ensure accurate reporting and compliance with domestic and foreign tax law
- Enhance communication, time management and analytical skills
Koch’s tax co-op program has a way for you to explore your passions, discover your comparative advantages, and learn new skills to reach your full potential.
The role has the potential to convert to an intern or full-time tax analyst based on performance.
Interested in pursuing a career path in industry tax? Look no further than Koch Industries!
The Experience You Will Bring
- Enrolled in a degree or certificate program related to Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Economics, Information Technology, Data Analytics, or Related Field
- An interest in corporate taxation planning
- Available to work at least 20-25 hours/week in the office starting in summer 2023 in Atlanta, GA, Dallas, TX, or Wichita, KS.
- Able to work in the US without sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Completion of 2+ core accounting courses and a basic understanding of fundamental financial accounting principles
- Experience with data analytics platforms, business process technology, and basic coding skills such as PowerBI, Alteryx, Tableau, SQL, and robotic process automation
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong critical and entrepreneurial thinking skills
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf