Spring 2024 Tax Internship
At Koch, we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in. As an intern, there are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard, and gain real experience within our companies. Sound exciting? Do you want to be a part of meaningful work? Kickstart your career with us by applying today!
Are you unsure about the time and financial investment of earning 150 credit hours and the CPA license? At Koch, we don’t have these barriers to a dynamic and financially rewarding career. While we support those who choose to pursue their CPA license, and many of our employees do, it isn’t a requirement for advancement. At Koch we seek contribution motivated employees with a variety of academic backgrounds, and don’t measure success by pedigree, titles or licensures.
We have opportunities available in Atlanta, GA, Dallas, TX, and Wichita, KS.
What You Will Do In Your Role
As a global company spanning multiple industries, Koch Industries continues to transform the way we do business. Choosing the right place to start a successful tax career is challenging. Koch Industries stands apart, providing a combination of diverse roles, abundant resources, personalized development, and a work/life balance that encourages less burnout and greater satisfaction.
Our interns work alongside experienced tax professionals to solve real problems. In addition to being a contributor on their team, interns at Koch capabilities learn about our unique Principle Based Management culture and enjoy a variety of networking events to promote lasting career connections. These are just a few key aspects of our internship program.
As a tax intern on our team, you may have the opportunity to:
- Build relationships and understand the business of assigned entities in order to assess tax opportunities
- Attend trainings to gain basic tax knowledge and become familiar with tax software programs
- Work side by side with Koch tax professionals on the strategic planning and reporting of business transactions
- Prepare corporate income tax returns to ensure accurate reporting and compliance with domestic and foreign tax law
- Apply concepts learned in the classroom
- Enhance communication, time management and analytical skills
Koch’s tax internship program has a way for you to explore your passions, discover your comparative advantages, and learn new skills to further your impact and reach your full potential.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Enrolled in a degree or certificate program related to Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Economics, Information Technology, Data Analytics, or Related Field
- An interest in corporate taxation planning
- Available to work a 40-hour week Monday-Friday during core business hours in the spring 2024 semester
- Available to work onsite in one of our tax offices located in Atlanta, GA, Dallas, TX, or Wichita, KS
- Eligible for full-time employment no later than summer 2025
- Able to work in the US without sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Completion of 2+ core accounting courses and a basic understanding of fundamental financial accounting principles
- Experience with data analytics platforms, business process technology, and basic coding skills such as PowerBI, Alteryx, Tableau, SQL, and robotic process automation
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf