Software Engineer Co-Op
Who are we?
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. But Koch Industries isn’t just Koch. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day. Industry leaders like Georgia-Pacific, Invista, and Guardian manufacture many of the materials that go into your home. We even have companies who create transformative technology and fuel transportation, like Infor, Molex and Flint Hills Resources!
Koch has been consistently selected as one of the top 100 Internship Programs in the U.S by WayUp. The internship opportunity will be a 12-week program running from late-May to early August 2023. This co-op opportunity will be part time until May, with the opportunity to transition into full time role.
At Koch, we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in. As an intern, co-op, or new graduate there are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard and gain real experience within our companies. Sound exciting? Do you want to be a part of meaningful work? Kickstart your career with us by applying today!
Come grow with us! Koch Minerals and Technology is looking for a Software Engineer Co-Op to join our team. Koch is undergoing a rapid transformation as we quickly adopt more modern platforms that touch on every aspect of our businesses. As a Software Engineering Co-Op, you will be involved in this modern transformation.
Software Engineering Co-ops for Koch companies will create value by leveraging a variety of platforms to deliver value to our customers more quickly, while also enhancing reliability and reducing cost.
What You Will Do In Your Role
· Design, architect, and build/modify code
· Build automated unit tests
· Integrate applications and processes together to streamline our businesses
· Apply critical thinking to solve problems across complex and distributed systems
· Work with AWS & APIs to deliver creative, sustainable solutions
· Provide technical alternatives to address business needs
· Collaborate as part of a team across multiple IT disciplines
The Experience You Will Bring
- Currently enrolled in a degree or certificate program related to one of the following areas: Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, or related IT field
- Eligible for full-time employment by May 2023
- Available to work 15-30 hours a week until early May: Primary hours between 8:00AM – 5:00 PM but will have flexibility to work around your school schedule.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Prior Software Engineering, developer, or IT experience
- Initiative, natural curiosity, strong communication skills, and an aptitude for fast-paced learning
- Entry-level experience or training in one or more of the following front-end or back-end languages: Python, C/C++/C#, Java, .Net, SQL, Ruby, Go, Rust or other common industry languages
This role is not eligible for employment-based sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $ [Lower End] - $ [Higher End] per [hour or year]. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form. [If applicable, add:] Commission is eligible.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf