Molex Finance Intern 2023
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day. Industry leaders like Georgia-Pacific, INVISTA and Guardian, manufacture many of the materials that go into your home. We even have companies who create transformative technology and fuel transportation, like Infor, Molex, and Flint Hills Resources!
Koch has been consistently selected as one of the top 100 Internship Programs in the U.S by WayUp. This in-person internship opportunity will be a 12-week program from May 23rd, 2023 to August 11th, 2023.
Molex is a leading supplier to the global electronics industry. Molex makes a connected world possible by providing innovative solutions to complex challenges and pioneering technology that is transforming our world and improving people’s lives.
Phillips-Medisize, a Molex company, is a global leader in front-end design, development, and manufacturing solutions for highly regulated industries — pharma, diagnostics, med tech, consumer, automotive and defense. Operating as a single integrated collaborator, we help our customers reduce risk and achieve product realization quickly and efficiently. Our innovation, quality and reliability enhance the lives of millions of people around the world.
Our Molex Finance Internship opportunities are in Lisle, IL and Hudson, WI
What You Will Do In Your Role
As a global company spanning multiple industries, Koch Industries continues to transform the way we do business. In one of our many business roles, you will be right in the middle of finding new ways to move the world forward. Choosing the right place to start a successful accounting, analyst, or tax career is challenging. Koch Industries stands apart, providing a combination of diverse roles, abundant resources, personalized development, and a work/life balance that encourages less burnout and greater satisfaction.
The roles at Koch are rapidly transforming due to productivity optimization available through new technologies. Data analysis and business technology has become a key part of all our roles at Koch. The use of technology enables us to shift our traditional roles to become more analytical.
Successful candidates may be placed in one of the following (but not limited to) areas of concentration:
Pricing Analyst Intern (Lisle, IL)
- Analyze different business inputs to advise on price levels across multiple markets.
- Develop frameworks to guide pricing decisions for high volume quoting activity.
- Design and model pricing experiments for over 20K different parts sold.
- Measure impacts of pricing on the overall performance of the business.
DataCom and Specialty Solutions Intern (Lisle, IL)
- Support finance business partners in delivery of monthly financial reporting & analysis to leadership.
- Assist with development of business insights that will support profitable decision making and improvements across division.
- Actively participate in cross-functional projects, providing relevant feedback & sharing best practices.
- Manage review of various master data or financial database projects.
Risk Intern (Lisle, IL)
- In alignment with Koch’s risk philosophy, complete credit reviews for the purpose of determining appropriate credit limits and terms for new and existing customers across Molex’s global customer base
- Manage and maintain credit risk exposures of assigned customer base
- Provide commercial teams with transparency to portfolio performance and risks to help drive profitable decisions
- Complete ad hoc data maintenance projects to ensure accurate reporting to Molex leadership and Koch Industries
- Identify opportunities for improvement and experiment with technology to optimize Risk procedures
Phillips-Medisize: Finance Analyst Intern (Hudson, WI)
- Prepare monthly financial reporting and analysis and communicate business results in a clear, concise manner
- Monitor and analyze financial results and forecast to determine business progress and deliver analytical insights for decision making
- Support the Operations Finance team by preparing valuable financial analyses that provide new insights and drive profitable action across our manufacturing locations
- Work across various finance and operational capabilities to share best practices and implement process improvements that increase operating performance
- Collaborate with and further leverage our global shared finance function to support reporting and analytics
- Support other ad hoc analyses as needed
Koch’s accounting, finance, and analyst programs have a way for you to explore your passions, discover your comparative advantages, and learn new skills to further your impact and reach your full potential.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Eligible for full-time employment no later than summer 2024
- Enrolled in or have completed a degree, certificate program, or workforce training program related to Accounting, Tax, Finance, Economics, Risk Management, Quantitative Finance, or related business degree
- Able to work in the US without sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with data analytics platforms, business process technology, and basic coding skills such as PowerBI, Alteryx, Tableau, SQL, and robotic process automation
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong critical and entrepreneurial thinking skills
- Initiative, natural curiosity, strong communication skills, and an aptitude for fast-paced learning
Want to Learn More
Let’s keep the conversation going! Visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn to learn more information about the Koch Companies.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience and Value.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This role may be open to remote candidates residing in the U.S. except within the state of Colorado.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
At Koch, we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in. As an intern, co-op or new graduate, there are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard and gain real experience within our companies. Sound exciting? Do you want to be a part of meaningful work? Kickstart your career with us by applying today!