Safety & Health Internship Program - Summer 2023
The Georgia-Pacific Safety and Health Internship Program is a 12-week summer program designed to provide meaningful real-work experience. Our interns will gain exposure to products that GP manufactures, as well as the diverse safety functions and responsibilities that a Safety Leader has at a manufacturing location. Planned career networking events and focused mentoring prepare our interns for a career within the Georgia-Pacific safety team.
Successful interns will combine scholastic knowledge with on-the-job and computer-based training to develop a basic understanding of Georgia-Pacific’s safety programs, policies, and procedures. They will also identify opportunities that drive value for the company, such as streamlining processes, improving efficiency and reducing waste. Learning experiences will be enhanced by interactions with business partners in accounting, operations, information technology, engineering and other areas.
Responsibilities may include work in the following areas:
- Occupational safety
- Occupational health
- Industrial hygiene
- Fire safety / hazardous materials
- Process Safety
- Environmental safety
- Emergency preparedness
- Construction safety
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Interact with experienced EH&S professionals who will help you connect your classroom learnings to a real-world manufacturing site
- Streamline safety processes and procedures
- Participate in incident investigations, chemical monitoring, or safety inspections
- Gain experience in safe work practices, emergency response, and support our vision of injury-free operations
The Experience You Will Bring
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, or other related field
- At least a rising Junior or a Senior in college
- Willing to relocate per program requirements
- Willing to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing to work around moving or heavy equipment
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Ability and desire to follow detailed safety precautions
What Will Put You Ahead
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Able to work independently and manage multiple tasks
- Interpersonal communication and collaborative teamwork
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Access and other Microsoft applications is preferred
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf