OPD Project Associate - Early Career Summer 2023 Full-Time
Who are we?
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. But Koch Industries isn’t just Koch. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day.At Koch, we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in. As a new graduate, there are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard, and gain real experience within our companies.
Optimized Process Designs, LLC (OPD) is seeking a Project Engineering Associate in our Katy, TX headquarters. The Project Engineer will be responsible for leading all technical aspects of an EPC project – from early development phase through commissioning and turnover.
At OPD, our people are our greatest asset. Through our people, we have developed a strong reputation for honesty, integrity, and ability to successfully execute projects. We have a key advantage in being able to supply construction services as well as engineering/procurement. This enables clients to have a ''one stop shop'' for the overall project, providing increased efficiency and avoiding potential interface problems. OPD's industry experience, flexibility, and personal attention have made us a preferred partner to our customers and our tight knit, highly productive, team atmosphere makes OPD a great place to work.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide technical design and engineering oversight of project scope for assigned projects through project completion.
- Review of process equipment, vendor selection, and subcontractor services.
- Development of design documents including Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams and Equipment Specification sheets.
- Liaise and coordinate between engineering disciplines, field construction teams, and subcontractor personnel to ensure sound engineering design.
- Active participation and leading of customer reviews.
- We are looking for a project-oriented leader that has demonstrated design and problem-solving experience resulting in best outcomes and repeat business.
The Experience You Will Bring
- To be enrolled in or have recently completed an Engineering degree program and eligible for full-time employment on or before August 2023.
- Able to work in the US without sponsorship.
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Previous internship or co-op experience
- Ability to create and review design drawings and calculations
- Working knowledge of pipe design codes such as ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8, and B31.12
- Knowledge and ability to review in detail static and rotating equipment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com.