Chemical Engineer Intern
GROW YOUR FUTURE WITH KOCH FERTILIZER CANADA, ULC!
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth as a result of reinvesting 90% of our earnings
Based in Brandon, Manitoba, we synthesize and blend nitrogen, phosphate, and sulfur products with ammonia, which we market primarily in the prairie provinces of Canada and the northern United States. Operating 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, we employ approximately 260 dedicated team members. Our fundamental commitment to safety, health, and environmental stewardship drives all our processes.
CHEMICAL ENGINEERING INTERN (May-December 2023)
We are looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual to join the Operations team for an eight (8) month work term. This role offers a fast-paced working environment and opportunities for career development within our growing organization!
A Day in the Life May Include:
· Work with an assigned engineer to ensure safe Operations of the operating plants.
· Assist with collecting and analyzing information pertaining to key process and quality parameters
· Assist the assigned engineer with production process optimization
· Assist with various projects. Prior examples include: Scrubber upgrades, Heat Exchanger sizing, Pump selection, piping modifications, etc.
· Work with Production Operators to perform field measurements as needed
The Experience You Will Bring:
· Currently enrolled as a third or fourth year undergraduate student in an accredited post-secondary chemical engineering program
· Previous related co-op or internship experience is considered an asset
· Independent and self-motivated with excellent communication skills
· Proven organization and time management skills; detail-oriented; high level of integrity, honesty and professionalism; able to work independently
The work environment you’ll be entering requires and includes:
· Ability to work in an industrial manufacturing environment
· Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
· Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and work at heights
· Occasional exposure to fumes/airborne particles
· Ability to don a respirator and PPE
Hours of Work: 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday, 1-hour lunch break
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Respectfully, we can only acknowledge those under consideration.
By applying to this position you are confirming that you possess valid Canadian work authorization.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf