CNC Machinist Intern
Who are we?
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. But Koch Industries isn’t just Koch. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day. Industry leaders like Georgia-Pacific, INVISTA and Guardian, manufacture many of the materials that go into your home. We even have companies who create transformative technology and fuel transportation, like Infor, Molex and Flint Hills Resources!
Koch has been consistently selected as one of the top 100 Internship Programs in the U.S byWayUp. The internship opportunity will be a 12-week program running from late-May to early August 2023. This intern role would be with Molex, a company under Koch’s umbrella.
The Internship Program
This internship experience teaches you to think and act like a Principled Entrepreneur by expanding upon your academic knowledge and applying a unique decision-making framework in a variety of applications. You will take part in a variety of trainings, activities, and networking opportunities throughout the summer alongside interns across the country. Koch Industries empowers you to be a lifelong learner by applying knowledge that will enable you to improve your contributions.
Molex brings together innovation and technology to deliver electronic solutions to customers worldwide. With a presence in more than 40 countries, Molex offers a full suite of solutions and services for many markets, including data communications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle and medical.
We are looking for a tool-room CNC machinist Intern for 2023 who will help provide model shop support for product development in the areas of prototype tooling, fixtures, and proof of concept parts.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- You will be trained to set up and operate CNC milling machines using CAD CAM
- You will be trained to set up and operate general tool room equipment including manual Bridgeport mill holding +/- .002” tolerances, and all related support equipment.
- You will be trained to operate all tool room gauging and inspection equipment.
- Support engineering in the areas of prototype tooling, fixtures, and proof of concept parts.
- Work from models, drawings and or sketches provided by engineering to fabricate piece parts, tooling, and fixtures.
- Learn to make fabrication recommendations for cost reductions and improvements to increase efficiency.
- Learn to use critical thinking to diagnoses, troubleshoot and resolve fabrication issues.
- Openly share job knowledge with co-workers
The Experience You Will Bring
- Basic CNC class study with some practical programming and machining experience
- Prior experience using a CAD system to transfer models
- Basic ability to read and interpret piece part prints and assembly drawings and the ability to setup and operate general tool room equipment
- Ability to communicate and share knowledge with others
- Ability to do basic geometric shop calculations
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- CNC class study
- General tool-room class study
- Any understanding of die making, mold making or model making
- Working towards a Certificate or Degree in manufacturing or technical related field of study
Koch-company full-time interns/co-ops are eligible for a comprehensive medical plan that comes with prescription drug coverage and expert resources including second opinions and surgery support as well as weight and diabetes management. We focus on making healthcare resources available through advanced apps, from the comfort of home. With enrollment in the medical plan you have access to a tax-free savings opportunity for healthcare expenses (Health Savings Account).
You and all members of your household are automatically enrolled in the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for professional mental health counseling, financial and legal consultations and concierge-level support for work-life balance like helping finding child, elder or pet care - at no cost to you.
Equal Opportunity Employer.