HR Technology Internship - Summer 2023
Who are we?
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. But Koch Industries isn’t just Koch. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day. Industry leaders like Georgia-Pacific, Invista, and Guardian manufacture many of the materials that go into your home. We even have companies who create transformative technology and fuel transportation, like Infor, Molex and Flint Hills Resources!
Koch has been consistently selected as one of the top 100 Internship Programs in the U.S by WayUp. The internship opportunity will be a 12-week program running from late-May to early August 2023.
At Koch, we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in. As an intern, co-op, or new graduate there are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard and gain real experience within our companies. Sound exciting? Do you want to be a part of meaningful work? Kickstart your career with us by applying today!
We are seeking Product and Business System Analysts interns in the Information Technology department that will focus on the HR functionality and technology. This role will be a part of a larger product team who partners closely with Koch capabilities to deliver on a technology roadmap that transforms a work process.
What You Will Do In Your Role
As a global company spanning multiple industries, Koch Industries continues to transform the way we do business. In one of our many HRT roles, you will be right in the middle of finding new ways to move the world forward. Choosing the right place to start a successful career is challenging. Koch Industries stands apart, providing a combination of diverse roles, abundant resources, personalized development, and a work/life balance that encourages less burnout and greater satisfaction.
Our interns work alongside experienced analysts and developers to solve real problems and offer insights that benefit society through improving our products and services. In addition to being a contributor on their team, interns at Koch Companies explore our unique Principle-Based Management culture, partner with interns from other disciplines, learn key business concepts and Koch mental models, and engage with leaders to learn more about business transformation, our work in society, and more. These are just a few key aspects of our internship program:
· Working within teams to coordinate the execution of project deliverables by other IT capabilities to help ensure projects are delivered on time
· Participating with business partners to conduct user acceptance testing.
· Partnering with the business to capture, analyze and document functional requirements to provide to other IT capabilities
· Recommending enhancements to products to optimize work processes
· Working on a team to execute project deliverables
· Learning new systems and products based on business needs
The following is a list of various opportunities, dependent on the area of concentration, that are available across HR Technology internships.
Partner with Product Owners, various IT teams, and customers to configure technology which enables work processes in several functional areas.
Ensure quality of product releases and deliverables through execution of risk mitigation strategies, including creation of test automation scripts, creation and execution of test cases, and regression testing.
HR Process and Data Support
Collaborate with HR process teams for optimization opportunities relative to day-to-day HR tickets and cases. Assist in development of automation in various systems by gathering requirements to alleviate manual processes.
Assist and learn technical support for AWS systems that support Kronos and payroll.
Reporting & Analytics
Gain experience working with the reporting and analytics teams on small projects and troubleshooting day to day activities.
The Experience You Will Bring
· Currently enrolled in a degree or certificate program related to one of the following areas: Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math, Human Resources, or related IT field
· Eligible for full-time employment by August 2024
· This role is not eligible for employment-based sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
· Initiative, natural curiosity, strong communication skills, and an aptitude for fast-paced learning
· Experience in an IT related field
· Strong Microsoft Excel skills, Macros for Excel a plus
· Experience with data analytics platforms, business process technology, and basic coding skills. (Any of the following are a plus - SQL, Python, PowerBI, Tableau, Amazon Web Services Basics, EC2, Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, or Ubuntu.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Want to Learn More?
Let’s keep the conversation going! Visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn to learn more information about the Koch Companies.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience. Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf