KBX Supply Chain Internship - Summer 2023
Who Are We?
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. But Koch Industries isn’t just Koch. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day.
KBX is an industry leader in logistics technologies and solutions! We got our start as a small transportation team in 1919 and have grown into one of the largest 3rd-party logistics companies in the US, providing logistics services in rail, ocean, truck, and more! With Koch Industries as our parent company, the challenge is to always think bigger and better. We strive to create a competitive advantage by delivering logistics technologies and solutions that our customers need to grow their business. For more information on KBX, visit www.KBX.com.
Koch has been consistently selected as one of the top 100 Internship Programs in the US by WayUp. This is largely because we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in; as an intern, co-op, or new graduate, there are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard, and gain real experience within our companies. Sound exciting? Do you want to be a part of meaningful work? Kickstart your career with us by applying today!
What You Will Do In Your Role
Join the KBX Summer 2023 Supply Chain Internship Program! In this 12-week program, running from late-May to mid-August 2023, interns will join our team at our Green Bay, WI headquarters to take on full-time roles in a variety of departments and get fully immersed into the fast-paced world of transportation/logistics. Roles are assigned based on each successful candidate’s career interests, skills, and knowledge.
Our KBX Summer 2023 Supply Chain Internship Program has opportunities in the following areas:
- Logistics Operations: Working at the heart of our business, support our customers’ transportation needs by building relationships, routing and tracking of freight, working through rate negotiations, understanding market conditions to make objective decisions, managing trailer pools, authorizing accessorials, and taking service calls.
- Data Analytics: Evaluate trends through the development of reports, analysis, and interpretation of data to uncover insights that help our dynamic business groups innovate. Understanding of database concepts and experience writing basic SQL queries to retrieve data from one or more tables is strongly preferred.
- Business Implementation: Assist with cultivating customer relationships from the sales cycle, design phase, testing, training, implementation, go-live, and transition to on-going operations.
- Customer Success/Development: Act as the first point of contact for one of KBX’s customers, focusing on providing competitive pricing, quality service, and proactive communication. Identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Pricing: Assist in the pricing process for new customers' RFPs, utilize data in the pricing database to identify trends, and research and resolve rating failures.
- Procurement & Contract Management: Seek new carrier partnerships and manage all aspects of setting rates, establishing contracts, analyzing opportunities for efficiencies, and managing ongoing compliance.
- Transportation Brokerage: Gain exposure to the brokerage side of transportation/logistics onboarding and building relationships with carriers and booking freight from the spot market.
This internship will be in-person in Green Bay, WI. Summer housing is offered for those who don’t live in the area.
Other internship activities include:
- Active participation in meetings with carriers and customers
- Weekly professional development and learning sessions
- Opportunities to network and engage with fellow interns, coworkers, and in the Greater Green Bay community
- Exposure to major departments in KBX, other Koch companies, and key partners within the supply chain
- Involvement in a summer-long team innovation challenge
- Various optional intern social events
The Experience You Will Bring
- Eligible candidates will be enrolled in a degree program for the duration of the internship (May - August 2023)
- Able to work full-time for a 12-week period during the summer of 2022 in Green Bay, WI
- Able to work in the US without sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Enrolled in a degree program of Supply Chain, Business, Data Analytics, Economics, or Industrial Engineering
- Eligible for full-time hire by June 2024
Koch-company full time interns/co-ops are eligible for a comprehensive medical plan that comes with prescription drug coverage and expert resources including second opinions and surgery support as well as weight and diabetes management. We focus on making healthcare resources available through advanced apps, from the comfort of home. With enrollment in the medical plan you have access to a tax-free savings opportunity for healthcare expenses (Heath Savings Account).
You and all members of your household are automatically enrolled in the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for professional mental health counseling, financial and legal consultations and concierge-level support for work-life balance like help finding child, elder or pet care – at no cost to you!
What Will Put You Ahead
Let’s keep the conversation going! Visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn to learn more about KBX.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf