Software Engineer - Full Time 2023 (Remote)
KBX Technology Solutions is looking for a Software Engineer to join our B2B Integration team. A successful candidate will partner with the B2B Integration team to build and enhance applications using modern microservices architecture techniques. Responsibilities include the implementation of technical solutions that are secure, support best practices, embrace CI/CD, and are scalable. There are numerous opportunities to increase your technical knowledge in this role and grow your career with KBX! This role is open to remote candidates.
Who Are We?
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. But Koch Industries isn’t just Koch. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day.
KBX Technology Solutions is a creator of innovative transportation management software! We got our start as the IT department for KBX Logistics, one of the largest 3rd-party logistics companies in the US, and have since grown to be an independent company! With Koch Industries as our parent company, KBX Tech is on the cutting edge of Koch’s digital transformation and is undergoing a multi-million-dollar initiative to launch our software into the transportation market. We continuously strive to create a competitive advantage by delivering logistics technologies and solutions that our customers need to grow their business. For more information on KBX, visit www.KBX.com.
As a new graduate, there are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard, and gain real experience. Sound exciting? Do you want to be a part of meaningful work? Kickstart your career with us by applying today!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Working independently and with a team of engineers and analysts through discovery, delivery, and support of new platforms focused on the transformation of our transportation management systems
- Develop, test, and deploy standardized product offerings based on requirements
- Create new solutions and services to meet or exceed customer and business needs
- Maintain awareness of emerging industry trends and technologies which may create value
- Develop web-based front-end applications
- Utilize software development standards and best practices for a service-oriented architecture
- Produce documentation to support solutions you have; perform on-call support as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Eligible for full-time hire by June 2023
- Enrolled in a degree program related to one of the following areas—Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math OR equivalent experience in:
- Modern object-oriented development language like Python, C#.NET, Go, Scala, Java or Swift
- Developing RESTful APIs
- Website development using modern web frameworks like Angular, Vue or React
- SCSS, Sass, or CSS; Experience taking designs and recreating with html and css
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in:
- Writing unit tests
- Understanding of Onion, N-TIER, Hexagonal or other formal architectural strategy
- SOLID Development Patterns
- Microservice vs Monolithic architecture
- Message Queueing Technologies such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Setting up an application to build in a Docker Container
- Angular 2+
- Reactive Extension Library programming API like RxJS or ReactiveX
- State Management libraries that follows a Flux architecture, such as NgRx, Redux or MobX
- Unit testing using Jasmine, Jest, or any js/ts unit test framework
- Experience working with transportation/logistics software applications
Want To Learn More?
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
You and all members of your household are also automatically enrolled in the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for professional mental health counseling, financial and legal consultations and concierge-level support for work-life balance like help finding child, elder or pet care – at no cost to you!
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $60,000 - $75,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. This role isn't eligible for visa sponsorship. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf