Mechanical Engineer Intern - January 2023
GROW YOUR FUTURE WITH KOCH FERTILIZER CANADA, ULC!
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth as a result of reinvesting 90% of our earnings
Based in Brandon, Manitoba, we synthesize and blend nitrogen, phosphate, and sulfur products with ammonia, which we market primarily in the prairie provinces of Canada and the northern United States. Operating 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, we employ approximately 260 dedicated team members. Our fundamental commitment to safety, health, and environmental stewardship drives all our processes.
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING INTERN, OPERATIONS (January-September 2023)
We are looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual to join the Operations team for an eight (8) month work term. This role offers a fast-paced working environment and opportunities for career development within our growing organization!
· Assist the Plant Engineers in reviewing, validating and making maintenance plans for the equipment in their areas
· Access previous operational experience in Lynx, from Operators and Supervisors to update maintenance plans
· Follow the MBM problem solving process to help investigate problems that are minor in nature from single incident perspective to gain a perspective where they may be more significant when taken as a larger scale, i.e. steam leaks
The successful candidate must have a passion for the industry and will report to the Operations Leader.
The qualifications you have include:
· Currently enrolled as a third or fourth year undergraduate student in an accredited post-secondary mechanical engineering program
· Previous related co-op or internship experience is considered an asset
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
· Independent and self-motivated with excellent communication skills
· Proven organization and time management skills; detail-oriented; high level of integrity, honesty and professionalism; able to work independently
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Strong analytical, critical, economic thinking, problem solving and customer service skills
· Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
The work environment you’ll be entering requires and includes:
· Ability to work in an industrial manufacturing environment
· Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
· Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
· Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and work at heights
· Occasional exposure to fumes/airborne particles
· Ability to wear a gas mask-type respirator and PPE
· Tolerance to occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles and toxic/caustic chemicals with appropriate PPE
· Unassisted physical mobility in and around plant and equipment
· Ability to sit, stand, kneel as necessary
· Ability to travel to and enter site to access equipment
Hours of Work: 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday, 1-hour lunch break
Length of term: January – September 2023
Wage: $30.88 an hour
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Respectfully, we can only acknowledge those under consideration.
By applying to this position you are confirming that you possess valid Canadian work authorization.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf