Logistics Specialist - Full Time 2023
Who Are We?
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. But Koch Industries isn’t just Koch. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day.
KBX Logistics is an industry leader in logistics technologies and solutions! We got our start as a small transportation team in 1919 and have grown into one of the largest 3rd-party logistics companies in the US, providing logistics services in rail, ocean, truck, and more! KBX Logistics approaches freight logistics through optimization that enhances service, increases capacity and reduces costs in a safe, sustainable, and efficient way. With Koch Industries as our parent company, the challenge is to always think bigger and better. We strive to create a competitive advantage by delivering logistics technologies and solutions that our customers need to grow their business. For more information on KBX, visit www.KBX.com.
As a new graduate, there are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard, and gain real experience. Sound exciting? Do you want to be a part of meaningful work? Kickstart your career with us by applying today!
What You Will Do In Your Role
KBX Logistics is looking for Logistics Specialists to join our team. Whether you are new to the transportation/logistics industry or have experience, this is a great role for you! Learn more about what a day in the life of a current Logistics Specialist is in this short video.
Logistics Specialists are responsible for managing the transportation planning process for our customers. A day in the life may include…
- Planning freight: manage the transportation process for specific plants/mills/distribution centers or for customer accounts requiring specialized equipment
- Managing carrier pools: ensure necessary transportation equipment is available at each location and proactively identify gaps to prevent loading issues
- Building relationships: build and sustain positive relationships with internal and external customers, teammates, and carriers
- Analyzing market trends: leverage available data to identify trends that will assist in negotiation of spot quote process and improved service and/or cost
- Critical thinking: resolve unplanned events with carrier, such as on time delivery delays and accessorial charges
- Acting with compliance: understand and facilitate compliance with all state and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Identifying process improvements: utilize available system tools to manage cost, service, and capacity through optimization processes
The Experience You Will Bring
- Eligible for full-time hire by June 2023
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) or professional work experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word to write business correspondence, Excel for use of spreadsheets, reporting and simple formulas, and Outlook for internal and external correspondence
What Will Put You Ahead
- Enrolled in a degree program of Supply Chain, Business, Data Analytics, Economics, or Industrial Engineering
- Experience dispatching or planning in the transportation/logistics industry
Want To Learn More?
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter. You and all members of your household are also automatically enrolled in the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for professional mental health counseling, financial and legal consultations and concierge-level support for work-life balance like help finding child, elder or pet care – at no cost to you!
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf