Phillips-Medisize Engineering Internship Program Summer 2023
This job posting is no longer active.
Who are we?
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. But Koch Industries isn’t just Koch. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day. Industry leaders like Georgia-Pacific, INVISTA and Guardian, manufacture many of the materials that go into your home. We even have companies who create transformative technology and fuel transportation, like Infor, Molex and Flint Hills Resources!
Koch has been consistently selected as one of theTop 100 Internship Programs in the U.S by WayUp, this is a 12-week internship program running from the middle/end of May 2023 to the beginning of August 2023. This intern role would be with Phillips-Medisize, a company under Koch’s umbrella.
Phillips-Medisize is seeking motivated and highly capable engineering interns to join our organization as we work to develop new technologies and solutions. Reporting to a supervisor and with support from sr. engineers, this role may participate in research and development, analysis, design, process engineering, testing, technical support, programming, project management and/or manufacturing of new and existing products.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Engage with a focused team of product engineers to support product development process ensuring robust product / process design and manufacturability in low and high volumes.
- Develop and implement a cost-effective manufacturing strategy for new products to meet customer’s production and delivery requirements. Participate in preliminary GCA to optimize strategy.
- Work with New Product Introduction (NPI) or plant Manufacturing Engineers (MEs) as needed to debug new products and processes, to validate product performance, and meet customer needs – delivery, quality, and performance.
- Support plant MEs as needed in production capacity planning and continual process improvements.
- Opportunity to work directly with customers on new designs and applications.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Optical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Must be on track to graduate by May of 2024 or 2025
In order to comply with U.S. export control laws and regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations.
Available Work Locations:
- Hudson, WI
- New Richmond, WI
- Menomonie, WI
- Clinton, MA
Koch-company full-time interns/co-ops are eligible for a comprehensive medical plan that comes with prescription drug coverage and expert resources including second opinions and surgery support as well as weight and diabetes management. We focus on making healthcare resources available through advanced apps, from the comfort of home. With enrollment in the medical plan you have access to a tax-free savings opportunity for healthcare expenses (Health Savings Account).
You and all members of your household are automatically enrolled in the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for professional mental health counseling, financial and legal consultations and concierge-level support for work-life balance like helping finding child, elder or pet care - at no cost to you.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com.
This job posting is no longer active.