Safety Associate - Entry Level Professional Program
This job posting is no longer active.
Who are we?
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. But Koch Industries isn’t just Koch. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day. Industry leaders like Georgia-Pacific, INVISTA and Guardian, manufacture many of the materials that go into your home. We even have companies who create transformative technology and fuel transportation, like Infor, Molex and Flint Hills Resources!
At Koch, we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in. As an intern, co-op or new graduate, there are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard and gain real experience within our companies. Sound exciting? Do you want to be a part of meaningful work? Kickstart your career with us by applying today!
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 30,000 people directly.
What You Will Do In Your Role
· Complete an unprecedented skill-building opportunity which prepares its participants for a career in safety and health at GP.
· Receive hands-on training and practical application of safety and health practices at GP, along with exposure to business and manufacturing processes.
· Launch your career with an orientation to our company, to safety and health, and to the GP Safety Center of Excellence.
· Be assigned to a manufacturing location for 6-12 months and become an integral part of the facility team while working with an experienced mentor.
· Up to 25% travel where individual will engage with the Safety Center of Excellence team on scheduled off-site safety and health audits, IH surveys, Process Safety applications, training programs, seasonal outages, meetings, and other opportunities in different businesses and geographical areas.
· May be offered an opportunity to gain exposure to subject matter experts as well as key leaders in our manufacturing facilities located across the country.
· Understand, develop, apply, and coach employees on our culture of Market Based Management®.
· Upon successful completion of the ELP Program, participants may move into a full-time position and continue their career as a safety and health professional
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or Engineering OR pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety & Health or Engineering expecting to graduate June 2023 at the latest. Note: Candidates with other degrees may be considered based on relevant coursework, certifications, or interest.
- Previous intern, co-op or work experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment in either occupational or process safety
- Ability to relocate per program requirements
Why Work for GP?
· A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
· Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
· Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
· Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
· Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
· Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.