Health & Safety Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
A Koch Companies Services (KCS) Health & Safety Specialist participates in the Rotational EHS Professional (REP) Program for two years before advancing to a mid-level Specialist role at a site. While in the two-year Rotational EHS Professional Program, the Health & Safety Specialist is assigned to and supports day-to-day safety and health initiatives at one host site and travels to other locations for limited times to support larger health and safety initiatives such as turnarounds, outages, audits, and assessments.
Our Health & Safety Specialists are assigned to one of our Flint Hills Resources (FHR) refineries or Koch Ag & Energy Solutions fertilizer (KF) plants, and additionally travels to other FHR and KF locations. Advancement to the mid-level Specialist role may place the specialist at the same site or a different location.
Health & Safety Specialists in the REP Program are integral parts of our safety team, creating value while gaining rapid experience in areas such as general safety, industrial hygiene, emergency response, and construction safety. Participation in the REP Program allows these Health & Safety Specialists to not only see the day-to-day operations of one facility, but also network, collaborate, visit, and work with personnel from many sites.
A KCS Health & Safety Specialist may be placed at one of the following locations: FHR Pine Bend (Rosemount, MN), FHR Corpus Christi (Corpus Christi, TX), KF Fort Dodge (Duncombe, IA), KF Beatrice (Beatrice, NE), KF Dodge City (Dodge City, KS), KF Enid (Enid, OK), or Koch Methanol (St. James, LA). Preference of the successful candidate may be considered. Limited travel, approximately one week per quarter to one week per month, to other locations is expected.
What You Will do in Your Role:
Experiences vary based on location and are tailored to the Health & Safety Specialist based on personal interests, strengths, and needs of the site. This role provides the Health & Safety Specialist limitless opportunities to gain valuable experience while supporting safe operations of the site. Opportunities may include:
· Gaining experience in safe work practices, including work permitting, energy control, hot work, and confined space entry.
· Proactively identifying and correcting safety issues in the field.
· Conducting and documenting assessments of worksites.
· Conducting industrial hygiene surveys and exposure monitoring.
· Assisting with implementation of safety programs and safety trainings.
· Participating in incident investigations and learning teams.
· Participating in emergency response training and drills.
· Providing safety support for turnarounds, outages, or capital projects.
· Forming relationships with key customers such as operations, maintenance, and contractor personnel.
· Developing transformative work processes and apps for use by front-line personnel.
· Using initiative to pursue projects of personal interest and value to the site.
Entry level professionals at Koch learn about our unique Principle-Based Management culture, while applying their skills working alongside experienced professionals to solve real problems and offer insights that benefit society through improving our products and services.
The Health & Safety Specialist role is site-based and has approximately 10% company-sponsored travel. A site-based Safety Mentor and a Corporate Supervisor are assigned to each Specialist. Health & Safety Specialists will be given all necessary site safety training, PPE, and relevant process knowledge.
The Experience You Will Bring
Successful Health & Safety Specialist candidates have typically been enrolled in one of the following degree programs:
· Occupational Safety and Health
· Industrial Hygiene
· Public Health - Industrial Hygiene / Environmental Health
· Industrial Engineering
Candidates with other degrees may be considered based on relevant coursework, certifications, or interest.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes…
· Medical, dental, vision insurances
· Flexible spending and health savings accounts
· Life insurance, AD&D, STD and LTD
· Paid vacation, paid sick time
· Educational assistance
· Paid parental leave, adoption assistance, and infertility assistance
Specific eligibility criteria are set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.