Safety & Health Intern
A Koch Companies Services (KCS) Safety Intern supports safety and health initiatives at one of our Flint Hills Resources (FHR) refineries or Koch Ag & Energy Solutions (KAES) fertilizer plants. Safety Interns are integral parts of our safety team, creating value while gaining experience in areas such as general safety, industrial hygiene, emergency response, and construction safety, as well as exposure to the day-to-day operations in the facility.
A KCS Safety Intern may be placed at one of the following locations: FHR Pine Bend (Rosemount, MN), FHR Corpus Christi (Corpus Christi, TX), KF Fort Dodge (Duncombe, IA), KF Beatrice (Beatrice, NE), KF Dodge City (Dodge City, KS), KF Enid (Enid, OK), or Koch Methanol (St. James, LA). Preference of the successful candidate may be considered.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Experiences vary based on location and are tailored to the intern based on intern interests, strengths, and needs of the site. This role provides the Safety Intern limitless opportunities to gain valuable experience while supporting safe operations of the site. Opportunities may include:
· Gaining experience in safe work practices, including work permitting, energy control, hot work, and confined space entry.
· Proactively identifying and correcting safety issues in the field.
· Conducting and documenting assessments of worksites.
· Conducting industrial hygiene surveys and exposure monitoring.
· Assisting with implementation of safety programs and safety trainings.
· Participating in incident investigations and learning teams.
· Participating in emergency response training and drills.
· Providing safety support for turnarounds, outages, or capital projects.
· Forming relationships with key customers such as operations, maintenance, and contractor personnel.
· Developing transformative work processes and apps for use by front-line personnel.
· Using initiative to pursue projects of personal interest and value to the site.
Entry level professionals at Koch learn about our unique Market-Based Management culture, while applying their skills working alongside experienced professionals to solve real problems and offer insights that benefit society through improving our products and services.
The Safety Internship is site-based. A site-based Safety Mentor and a Corporate Supervisor are assigned to each intern. Interns will be given all necessary site safety training, PPE, and relevant process knowledge.
The Experience You Will Bring
Successful Safety Intern candidates have typically been at the junior or senior level, enrolled in one of the following degree programs:
· Occupational Safety and Health
· Industrial Hygiene
· Public Health - Industrial Hygiene / Environmental Health
· Industrial Engineering
Candidates with other degrees may be considered based on relevant coursework, certifications, or interest.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf