Environmental Compliance & Stewardship Summer Intern
Who are we?
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. But Koch Industries isn’t just Koch. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day. Industry leaders like Georgia-Pacific, INVISTA and Guardian, manufacture many of the materials that go into your home. We even have companies who create transformative technology and fuel transportation, like Infor, Molex and Flint Hills Resources!
At Koch, we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in. As an intern, co-op or new graduate, there are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard and gain real experience within our companies. Sound exciting? Do you want to be a part of meaningful work? Kickstart your career with us by applying today!
What You Will Do In Your Role
As a global company spanning multiple industries and offering limitless opportunities for growth, we offer an opportunity to launch your engineering career with us will focus on the future. Interns at Koch companies learn about our unique Market-Based Management culture, partner with interns from other disciplines on case studies, and participate in our Innovation Challenge. All while working beside experienced engineers to solve real problems and offer insights that benefit society through improving our products and services. This is a unique internship experience that combines environmental work with compliance work to take what you have learned through your studies into the real world!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collect environmental data from plants across the US and perform analysis
- Work with industrial hygiene management systems and tools
- Learn about Environmental Social Governance (ESG)
- Work with product compliance reviewing regulatory data and compliance of manufacturing materials
The Experience You Will Bring
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Studies, Risk Management, or any other field of study
- At least a rising Junior or a Senior in college
- Willing to relocate to Wichita, KS
- Willing to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
What Will Put You Ahead
- Able to work with large amounts of data and analyze to make recommendations
- Able to work independently and manage multiple tasks
- Interpersonal communication and collaborative teamwork
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Access and other Microsoft applications is preferred
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf