Data Scientist Co-op
This job posting is no longer active.
At INVISTA, we make the chemicals, polymers, fabrics, and fibers that can handle life’s toughest demands. Delivering the many products and technologies we make takes a lot of hard work by some incredibly talented employees. And we are looking for a Data Scientist to help us create new solutions for life’s biggest needs. The ideal candidate is someone who shows the ability to inspire and collaborate and has technical experience leveraging data and technology to optimize current solutions create new capabilities. The Data Science Team at INVISTA is primarily responsible for selecting or developing models and related tools that create value for our customers and business partners.
What You Will Do In Your Role
· Develop a strong understanding of the operations (Time-series data) and business processes and identify possible opportunities that add value.
· Apply machine learning algorithms to perform analysis, create predictive models, visualize data, and drive projects through to delivery toward the solution of operations problems.
· Interact with business and manufacturing SMEs to identify requirements and propose solutions.
· Have the intellectual curiosity to research and identify new modeling technologies/methodologies/software packages to improve the current modeling processes.
· Interact with key stakeholders and technical experts to ensure hardware and software support for data analytics is maintained.
· Analyze large complex time series datasets to extract useful patterns to deliver business insights and communicate results to key decision-makers.
· Issue reports detailing tool development (including unsuccessful approaches), quality assurance actions performed, results, etc.
· Work with data engineers to improve functionality in data systems (e.g., data reliability, efficiency, usability, and quality) and improve downstream data analysis capabilities.
· Work with various functional teams; owning end-to-end solution development and scaling focused on operations challenges.
· Rapidly design, prototype, and test many possible hypotheses. Further, focus on building minimum viable products toward solving most of the issue instead of “perfecting” the solution, unless critical to safety.
· Engage with internal customers - operations teams and process SME’s - to leverage your critical thinking skills to apply data science modeling solutions.
· Research and implement advanced Machine Learning techniques to solve operation and business opportunities; move from proof of concept to minimum viable product efficiently.
· Leading and working on multiple projects at the same time and switching priorities as the business needs require.
· Employ visualization, reporting, and other tools to improve how teams access various datasets.
· Strong data-driven storytelling to present to stockholders.
The Experience You Will Bring
· Pursing Bachelor of Science or Masters in an Analytics field (Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Economics or equivalent)
· Knowledge of data cleaning, transformation, and manipulation skills.
· Experience with data visualization
· Strong communication, problem-solving, and time management skills
· Passion and curiosity to learn new technologies in a timely fashion
What Will Put You Ahead
· Experience with various statistical analyses and modeling (Hypothesis testing, Regression analysis parametric and non-parametric, Multivariate, Time-series data, DOE, etc.) and experience with its applications
· Knowledge about predictive modeling and machine learning algorithms (classification, predictive, neural networks, etc.)
· Knowledge using Python/R and data science-related libraries (StatsModels, Scikit-learn, Pandas, Numpy, Plotly, Dash, Streamlit, ggplot2, plotnine, etc.)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.